Turkey and Vegetables Stir Fry
I’ve been to Thailand and other parts of South East Asia for a few times now. And I must say I love the food there. So on cold autumn days I like to bring myself back to the amazing streets of Bangkok by making my own stir fry noodles. It’s a really simple and quick recipe to make and I am sure you will enjoy it.
Ingredients (serves 1):
100 g turkey breast
½ red bell pepper
1 medium carrot
50 g cooked green beans (optional (and not very Thai :P))
50 g wide rice noodles
1. This is one of the quickest meals you can make so preparation is key. Place the turkey on a cutting board, cover it with plastic foil and, using a dough roller, flatten the meat as much as possible. Cut it in thin strips and set aside.
2. Cut the red bell pepper and carrot in thin strips. Beat the egg in a cup and set aside.
3. In the meantime bring a pot of salted water to a boil and heat a large wok or iron skillet with some olive oil.
4. Cook the rice noodles for about 5 minutes.
5. In the meantime, quickly grill the turkey strips until golden brown. This should be really quick since you cut them in really thin strips. Add salt and cayenne pepper and toss in the vegetables and give them a quick cook.
6. Remove the meat and vegetables from the wok or skillet and set aside. Wipe the skillet and pour in a little bit of olive oil. Drain the cooked rice noodles.
7. Place the wok or skillet back on medium heat and pour in the beaten egg. Stirring continuously, throw in the noodles, meat and vegetables and allow for the egg to cook with the help of the hot noodles. Serve immediately.