Banana Almond Flour Waffles
There are almost no limits as to what you can make your waffles from. These delicious and healthy banana and almond flour waffles are the proof! Yes, you heard correctly. Just like you can use bananas to make pancakes, you can use it to make waffles too. And since a ripe banana is so sweet, you don’t need to add any sweeteners to the batter which means they are even healthier.
Recipe by Food Babe.
Ingredients (serves 1, makes 2 Belgian waffles):
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 mashed ripe banana
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/16 cup rice milk/water
1/4 cup almond flour
1/16 tsp sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/16 cup walnuts chopped
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Whisk together the egg, banana, rice milk and vanilla.
3. Add almond flour, walnuts and baking soda into the egg mixture
4. Grease preheated waffle iron with a tiny bit of butter.
5. Spoon batter onto hot waffle iron and cook until golden (took my waffle maker around 3 minutes).
6. Serve with the other half of banana, plum jam, fresh fruit, maple syrup…
Leave a Comment