Oven-baked Salmon with Capers and Mushrooms
In this fast moving world it is hard for most of us to fit some time into our busy schedules to prepare a healthy meal. But I think we can all agree that each and every one of us can easily spare 30 minutes a day to at least prepare a delicious, homemade dinner, right? If your answer is yes, this recipe here is just what you need! It only takes about 5 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake, so you’ll be serving dinner in less than 30 minutes. Serve it either with a big bowl of salad or make use of the 20 minutes needed for baking and prepare a simple side dish – cook about 1/3 cup quinoa in 2/3 cup salted water per person and add in some zucchini, red peppers, carrots and mixed herbs. Cook until the timer for your salmon goes off and it should be just about done.
Ingredients (per person):
1 fresh salmon cutlet
2 tsp capers
2 tbsp preserved mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
Dried thyme and parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Spread some aluminum foil on a baking tray and place a few thin slices of butter in the middle of it. Place the cutlet on the “bed” of butter and season it with salt, thyme and parsley. Drizzle with the lemon juice and place the capers and preserved mushrooms on top.
3. Seal the aluminum foil around the salmon so that you create some sort of bag in which the salmon will cook in the oven.
4. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, take the tray out of the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Serve immediately with salad or quinoa “risotto”.