Rice and Spelt Flour Cottage Cheese Gnocchi
We all know the traditional gnocchi recipes that include potatoes and flour. But I just had to find a recipe that didn’t include neither potatoes neither wheat flour. I was so happy to find this recipe that included cottage cheese instead of potatoes and then I was just a step away from making the perfect gnocchi that didn’t include wheat flour either. I just went for rice and spelt flour (for some reason I have this feeling that only rice flour wouldn’t work but I will try it with just rice flour one day as well) and there they were.
Ingredients (serves 1)
1/3 cup full fat cottage cheese
1 egg yolk
2/3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/3 tsp Himalayan salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cups flour (I used 5/6 cup rice flour and 1/6 cup spelt flour)
1. Mix together the cottage cheese, egg yolk, nutritional yeast, salt and nutmeg, until well combined.
2. Add the flour, and mix till dough forms, then pour on to flour dusted counter and knead for 2-3 minutes until smooth dough is formed.
3. Divide dough in 2 pieces. Roll each piece into ropes about the width of your finger. Cut into desired size pieces.
4. Bring salted water to a rapid boil, add gnocchi to boiling water and cook till they float. Drain the gnocchi and mix in desired sauce. In my opinion gnocchi work great with a champignon thyme sauce.
- Lamb Goulash | Ursalicious - […] Serve immediately with some gnocchi (find one of the recipes on how to make them yourself here) or freeze…