One of the best things you can do in these colder Autumn mornings is bake your own bread and enjoy it while it’s still a little warm. And the whole house will smell so amazing too! Adding the nuts and dried fruit to your bread will make it a bit more special and sooo delicious.
The original recipe for this bread is by Maryann. I just added the dried fruits and walnuts and it turned out AMAZING!
Note that this recipe makes a loaf not a lot bigger than my hand so if you are serving more than 2 hungry people, I suggest doubling or tripling the listed amounts. I would still, however, suggest that you make 2 or 3 smaller loaves in this case. They will bake faster, plus they are so cute and pretty.
150 g Spelt flour
100 g Water
4 g Baking powder
Pinch of Himalayan salt
½ tbsp Olive oil
20 g walnuts, roughly chopped
20 g raisins, roughly chopped
1 dried fig, chopped
1. Mix the spelt flour, water, baking powder, salt and olive oil in a bowl. Add more water or flour if necessary to form bread dough. Add the walnuts, raisins and figs and knead the dough to evenly distribute the dried fruits and nuts in the dough.
2. Leave the dough rest for an hour at room temperature.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Bake for 30 minutes then allow to cool a little before serving.
5. Serve with Homemade Healthy Nutella and milk or raw cacao hot chocolate. It works amazing with a selection of cheeses such as Brie and Goat Gouda too.