I am always looking for great ideas to make my meals healthier. I also eat according to my blood type, which means I can’t have any other but rice, oat and spelt flour. This narrows down my options to eat pizza quite a lot. And I really don’t like my options to eat pizza to be so slim. So I’m glad a dear friend of mine suggested I try quinoa crust pizza. And I’m glad I tried it. Because I loved it (I guess I was lucky finding a perfect recipe in my first try too!).
¾ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
¼ cup water
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp Olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa VERY WELL.
2. Place the rinsed quinoa in a bowl and cover it with water (about one inch above where the quinoa sits). Let the quinoa soak overnight (at least eight hours).
3. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
4. Drain and RINSE the quinoa VERY WELL again. Place the drained and rinsed quinoa into a food processor along with the water, salt, oregano and baking powder. Process the mix for about two minutes until it is smooth in consistency.
5. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the oil into the pan atop the parchment paper. Pour the batter into the cake pan atop the oil, smoothing it out evenly.
6. Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Carefully flip the crust over, and bake it for another five minutes.
7. Top the pizza as desired. Bake the pizza for another 5-10 minutes until your toppings have cooked through.