Millet Flour Waffles
There she goes again with the waffles, you might think. Well, you better get used to it, because I really love waffles (might have something to do with the cool waffle maker I have) and because I keep finding new recipes using different kinds of flours. Like this one, which uses a combination of millet and almond flour. Yum!
Ingredients (serves 1; makes 2 Belgian waffles)
5/12 cup millet flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/6 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup milk
1 egg yolk
1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2/3 tablespoons honey, melted
1 egg white
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, combine the millet flour*, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms a soft peak. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolk, vanilla extract, and milk. Add this liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Then pour in the melted honey and butter. Mix until well combined.
5. Fold in the beaten egg white.
6. Pour onto the waffle iron and bake according to instructions of the manufacturer.
*If you don’t have any millet flour in your pantry but do have millet, don’t worry, you can still make these waffles today. Just grind the millet in a coffee grinder and you are all set!