Everyone loves a good burger. Even though beef burgers are just fine, lamb makes a burger a bit more special. Not everyone likes the taste of lamb so feel free to use beef or any other kind of meat in this recipe. The spelt roll and homemade ketchup make this burger a healthy lunch or dinner option that everyone will enjoy.
Ingredients (serves 1):
For the burger:
150 – 200 grams minced lamb meat
For the roasted red pepper ketchup:
3 – 4 red bell peppers, washed and cut in quarters, seeds removed
1 small onion
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
Cayenne pepper to taste
1. Mix together the minced lamb meat, rosemary and salt and shape a round burger.
2. For the ketchup, grill the red bell peppers on medium heat until softened. Remove from heat, cover the pan and let sit for about 10 minutes. This will allow the peppers to soften more and make it easier for you to remove the skins if you decide to do so. This step is optional but if you do not remove the skins, you might be able to taste (or better said feel) them in the ketchup later.
3. In a small pan cook the onion until translucent.
4. Put the roasted red peppers, onions, honey, salt, cayenne pepper and sweet paprika in a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Heat a medium pan to medium heat and grill the lamb burger.
6. Cut the spelt roll in half, top with some green lettuce, red pepper ketchup, lamb burger and any vegetables of your choice and serve immediately.