Chocolate Cake with Raspberries
To me, chocolate and raspberries are one of the best combinations in the world. To combine them in a cake is just heavenly. So when I came across this recipe that did not include flour, I just had to try it out. Of course I made a few changes (which can be risky when making something for the first time) and it turned out amazing.
220 grams dark chocolate (70%)
170 grams butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
100 grams almond flour
½ tsp salt
140 grams dark chocolate
0,1 l whipping cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line two 20 cm spring form pans with baking paper. If you do not have two spring forms, don’t worry, just bake twice.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter and set aside to cool. Add 2 tsp vanilla extract. In a mixing bowl, mix the almond flour and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the chocolate and almond mixture.
4. Divide evenly into two spring-forms and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
5. In a sauce pan heat the fresh (or frozen) raspberries and raspberry jam. Spread the mixture on one baked cake and cover with the second cake.
6. Melt the chocolate and whipping cream on medium heat. Spread over the cake and let cool over night.