Hello Autumn! With all your lovely colors and rain and cold. And most importantly, with all the delicious produce that can be found in our gardens. To me, Autumn just calls for a warm bowl of soup. This one here is perfect.
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 large and 1 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp nutmeg
1. Heat olive oil in a medium pot and cook the onions until translucent. Add the sweet potato and carrots and cook for about a minute. Cover with vegetable stock, bring to a boil and cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes and carrots are soft.
2. Drain the sweet potatoes and carrots but save all the stock.
3. Place the vegetables in a food processor and process, adding a little stock at a time until you reach a desired consistency. I ended up using about ¾ of the stock.
4. Add ginger, sweet paprika and nutmeg to taste, give it a quick mix in the processor and transfer back to the cooking pot. Bring the soup to a boil and serve hot with some sour cream.
* You can keep the soup in the fridge for a few days, it is even better the next day.