Apple, Pear and Dried Plums Compote
I never really liked the store bought compotes. I found them to sweet and did not like the fact that I never really knew what additives were hidden in them. But homemade compote is a whole different story. It’s delicious, free of any additives and it makes your kitchen smell so good. Here is a perfect recipe to make compote from the amazing autumn fruits that can be found in your garden.
5 cups water
1 medium apple
1 medium pear
15 dried plums
cinnamon to taste
1. Wash and cut the apple and pear into small pieces.
2. Place the water, apple and pear pieces and dried plums in a medium cooking pot. Add cinnamon to taste.
3. Bring the pot to a boil and cook for additional 5 minutes.
4. Serve warm or cold with Millet Soufflé with Apples and Raisins.
- Millet Soufflé with Apples and Raisins | ursalicious - […] 8. Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm or cold with some Apple, Pear and Dried Plums Compote. […]
- Millet Soufflé with Apples and Raisins | Ursalicious - […] « Homemade Raw Chocolate Apple, Pear and Dried Plums Compote » […]