Zucchini, Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
There is something really comforting about soups. And even more comforting about making the perfect soup. Making this zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower soup was one of these comforting moments. And eating it.. don’t even get me started on that.
Ingredients (serves 1):
½ medium zucchini, chopped*
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
100 g frozen brocolli
100 g frozen cauliflower
1. Heat a medium pan with olive oil to a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and cook just until the you can smell the garlic aroma then add in the zucchini, season with salt and cook until soft.
2. In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli and cauliflower for 10 – 15 minutes or until soft enough.
3. Drain the broccoli and cauliflower, but save some of the water.
4. Put the zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower in a food processor and process until smooth. Keep adding the water you saved until you reach a desired consistency. Transfer the mixture back to a pot, add ground nutmeg and let cook for a few minutes.
5. Serve with sour cream.
* You can replace the zucchini with 150 g brussels sprouts. In this case, skip step 1 and place the brussels sprouts in the same bowl as broccoli and cauliflower and cook them for the same amount of time. The rest of the procedure remains the same.