This is a recipe for the most basic cookies you can think of. The dough is really simple to make and you can play with the ingredients a little by replacing some of the flour with ground walnuts or cacao or simply by adding a teaspoon of homemade jam before baking. There are also no limits as to how you can decorate them. They are perfect for baking with your kids or little nephews plus they are really healthy because you use spelt flour and Xylitol. So wait no more, bake these cookies and have fun!
125g ground Xylitol
350g spelt flour
100g semisweet chocolate
1. Whisk the butter and Xyiltol to reach a fluffy pale mixture. Add the egg and sifted flour and knead into soft dough.
2. Cover the dough with plastic foil and place in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Take the dough from the refrigerator, remove the foil and roll the dough on a floured surface until about half a centimeter thick. Cut out desired shapes and place on a tray with baking paper.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow for them to cool down. In the meantime, melt the chocolate with some butter and milk. Once the cookies have cooled down, dip them in chocolate and cover generously with sprinkles.